Saturday, November 16, 2013

This Really Works!!


I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time I heard "I'm going to lose weight before I order my dress" or "I'm going to order the next smaller size because I'm going to lose weight." We all mean well and have the best intentions, but without determination and a program we continue down the same path.

The half century mark was fast approaching and it was time to get my weight and health under control so I could enjoy the remaining years as I have the previous ones. Then my son got engaged and that really motivated me. I didn't want to look at those pictures the rest of my life like I was then. Plus, I've got new grand babies coming that I've got to keep up with.

I had heard the advertisements on satellite radio, then one day we got a brochure in the mail. A Koko Fit Club had opened near our house. It sounded very interesting to me; a programmed 30 minute workout on one machine! The reviews were great, so I stopped by to do a demo workout.

Amanda was wonderful, very thorough and patient! You first select the goal (program) you want then take a strength test. The computer leads you through the 30 minute workout with different exercise routines each time. Each demonstrated on the monitor (with a skip button:) It's like using Wii Fit.

Each session is saved by USB key and backed up before leaving. Your progress and next workout are viewable on kokofitclub.com.

Cardio is recommended as well using an MP3 player with a 15 minute guided program while you walk on the tread mill or use the elliptical machine.

Koko also has a nutrition program to follow. I haven't followed it as I use a different program through a chiropractor. Primarily my diet consists of grilled meat, lots of green vegies, no processed food and no bread or sweets with LOTS of water. (1qt. for every 50 lbs.) 

My husband was a little leary that I wouldn't stick with it since I've never exercised so he suggested I try the 3 month option first before committing to a year. I was so thrilled with the results after 3 months (and so was he:) that needless to say I signed up for the year!

After 5 months my BMI is down to 27.8, my strength has increased 21%. I've lost 15 lbs. and 2 dress sizes!! I feel so much better!

If you are seriously considering shaping up or renewing you health I HIGHLY recommend Koko Fit Club. They even have a Bride Fit program.

Through 11/15/13 our local clubs (Charlotte & Matthews) are having a sign up special. Get a FREE month if you sign up for a year plus enrollment is half price, $79.

Anyone wanting a real change has to be mentally prepared. Most of our weight and health issues are years of habits that take some time to break. I've been working at this for 5 years and each year I've been able to "give up" some of those old habits and learn new ones. If you're ready to start one new habit, make it the water habit! 

Where are you at in your healthstyle change? Share your progress! We all need some motivation! Our families are counting on us!

No comments: