Friday, June 26, 2009

Amazing Dress Transformation

I was so thrilled with the work our seamstress did on this brides dress; I had to share it!



A bride ordered the style shown below in white but needed 3/4 length sleeves and wanted to know if we could add a detachable train. I knew the seamstress had done some amazing remakes so I told her we could and ordered extra fabric.


I was so excited to see how the dress was transformed with 3/4 length sleeves.

The back with the matching waist pleating.


The pleating unhooks to reveal snaps for attaching the detachable train.



The full backview with the lovely train.



I was so anxious for the bride to see it I made these pictures to e-mail her before I shipped it. She was a pretty laid back bride to let someone remake her dress without seeing how it would turn out! Obviously, she was pleased with it!

Good seamstresses are a dying breed. If you have the slightest interest in sewing you should seriously consider learning to sew and do alterations. It is a rare skill that pays well.

No comments: