Tuesday, August 5, 2008

National Sword of the Lord Conference

What a wonderful time I had last week in Winston-Salem, NC! The southern hospitality and uplifting preaching is unbeatable. I attend every year (except 2007 because we were moving); it gives me a chance to let others around the nation know there are actually modest bridal and formal gowns available, plus the clearance sale for the formal gowns and accessories is always a hit.

When I was there in 2006 I had several young girls disappointed that there wasn’t something for them so I decided to take my discontinued flower girl dresses this year. (Isn’t that when we should start teaching modesty, in the earliest years?) I met the most precious little girls this week! Kinsey was a regular visitor to my booth and wore her dress to services several times. I was so encouraged by her father’s attitude of wanting her to dress like a princess, he obviously loved his daughter! However, I think he had his limit of dresses after a few days:)

I also met Nikki who enjoyed wearing her dress to services and an afternoon of modeling with Kathryn, a lovely young lady from TN.












Nikki also introduced me to her friend, Casey and cousins Susanna and Caroline. Their youthful excitement is wonderful to be around!
My sample wedding gown got rave reviews from the visitors, just an example of how lovely you can look on your wedding day without sacrificing your testimony or style.

I also spoke with a dear lady who is in the beginning stages of developing a bride’s devotional book to be used during the time she plans her wedding. I will be sure to let you know when it is complete; every Christian bride should have one, to keep her focus on the Lord during that special time in her life.

It is good to be back; I hope to have my next blog topic, “Bridesmaids Dresses” finished this week. Until then keep your eyes on the Lord.

1 comment:

Matt and Trisha Bookout said...

Hey Mrs. Ellison-
It was so good to hear from you! I'm sure you had a great time at the Sword Conference. We enjoyed it when we went a few years ago. I think of your family often and pray for you. Thank you for your godly example in my life!
Love, Trisha